Re: ia32-libs transition

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Le mardi 30 juin 2009 à 01:55 +0100, Aneurin Price a écrit :
>> Is there any way of preventing this kind of major breakage in the future?
>> I don't think many people expect that upgrading one package will FUBAR
>> the packaging system.
>
> Report a critical bug against the package. Arrange so that it can never
> migrate to testing.
>
>> Is there any chance of Wine becoming functional on amd64 in the forseeable
>> future?
>
> Yes: hijack the ia32-libs package.

Will you do security support and regular uploads for it too? Or just a
one shot upload? Will you stand against ftp-masters whish to remove
it?

If so then do join the ia32-libs team on alioth and make an
upload. I'm sure Bdale and Frederick have nothing against it. But then
you need to do the work too, not just the talk.

MfG
        Goswin