Re: ia32-libs depends on ia32-apt-get ?

Le lundi 29 juin 2009 à 21:30 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> > No, it is not going to be. The whole design needs work before it can be.
>
> There is a better design. It is called multiarch. But some people are
> blocking that.

Identify the blockers. Work with people interested in this, so that
appropriate action is taken. If people are working against it, we can
invoke the TC. All of this, if you do things by the rules.

If you continue to push broken software, we will have no other solution
but to remove them from the archive.

> >> apt-get update; aptitude
> >
> > And how would synaptic users do?
>
> apt-get update; synaptic
>
> Do you see a pattern?

Yes, I see that you don’t understand that ia32-apt-get is FUBAR.

> In synaptic Edit->"Reload package information" needs to be adapted and
> Settings->Repositories.

No. Adapting each and every APT frontend is not the way to go.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :