Re: [Debconf-discuss] using OpenPGP notations to indicate keysigning practices

Philipp Kern <trash@philkern.de> (26/06/2009):
> On 2009-06-25, Bernd Eckenfels <bernd-09@eckenfels.net> wrote:
> > European ID cards are more like a passport, whereas a US ID is a
> > driver license.  (In addition to that national driver licenses of
> > european countries are much less usefull for this purpose unless
> > they are the new euro-style license check cards)
>
> But even then I don't think they are accepted as some sort of ID in
> Europe.

Driver licenses? Depends. At least from my limited experience in France
with a French driver license, it's possible to be ID'd with it to pass
an exam, but not to vote. One reason I was given for the latter is that
the nationality isn't included on the driver license.

Mraw,
KiBi.