Re: Pedantry or clearness

Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <marcot@holoscopio.com> writes:

> I've reported a bug asking to change a word in the documentation of
> emdebian-rootfs.  It's written:
>
> wildcards supported by 'cp' are allowed.

[...]

> I think this is not very clear for the reader, specially if she is not a
> user of bash.  If she is used to a shell with a different behaviour,
> like fish, she could think that the way she uses the wildcards is the
> way they're supported by cp.
>
> What do you think about that?

It's hard for me to see that this is important enough to escalate
to asking debian-devel.  I agree that your wording is both
clearer and more accurate, but in the end it doesn't seem to be a
big deal for the Debian project--or even for the package in
question (it's severity "minor"!).
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org