Re: mpg321 package adoption

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 03:20:50PM +0300, Nanakos Chrysostomos wrote:
Dear all,
can you please help to find the way which i can adopt an orphaned package. The package has recently been adopted by wnnp.
The package i want to adopt is mpg321.

What does mpg321 do that mpg123 doesn't do?

Originally mpg123 was non-free (and for a long time unmaintained as
well). But this is no longer the case.

Hi,
First of all it uses some other packages as its bases for the mp3 decoding and audio streaming. Its smaller , simpler and can be maintained. It can also be used as a front end for numerous applications as already did in later linux versions and flavors. If the community that already had included this package for so many years thinks its obsolete and useless i can live with that! I have already done a lot of work for the new version according the TODO-list and the bug list. I think that 0.2.11 version is ready for upload and 0.3 will be ready until the end of the year with new ideas and options.

Thank you all for your time reading this mail,
Chris.