Re: dpkg: error processing gawk (--configure)

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, markus schnalke wrote:
> Hoi,
>
> during the installation of `geda' on sid, I received following output:
>
> [...]
> Setting up gawk (1:3.1.6.dfsg-3) ...
> update-alternatives: error: alternative nawk can't be slave of awk: it is a master alternative.
[...]
> Anyone who can help me / fix the gawk package / knows what the problem
> is ...?

Yes, "rm -f /var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/nawk". The history of package
ugprades has left cruft that confuse update-alternatives (which is now
more strict that it used to be).

I'll push the same work-around in dpkg's preinst as I did for other
packages in the same case.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/