Re: DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I'm finding it difficult to believe the argument "oh, but this isn't
> > going to be mandatory".
>
> I don't know anyone making the argument that there should *never* be a
> mandatory machine-parseable ‘debian/copyright’ format.

Sorry, this is too broad; it should be: I don't know anyone promoting a
machine-parseable ‘debian/copyright’ format who makes the argument that
no such format should ever be mandatory.

--
 \      “Why should I care about posterity? What's posterity ever done |
  `\                                            for me?” —Groucho Marx |