Re: DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

Le mercredi 10 juin 2009 à 23:56 +0100, Noah Slater a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:44:33PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > The more I read about this [DEP5], the more I get the feeling that it is
> > only pushed by people who never maintained large source packages (that
> > can change rapidly)
>
> Why? We have been over this before.

And I don’t recall anyone explaining in which way it could actually be
useful.  “It can be parsed automatically” is not a sufficient
justification for such a large amount of work.  What is the use case?
What would this data be used for?

> We are developing DEP 5 to codify best practice in a format that is machine
> parseable. If best practice means that we don't list copyright statements in a
> legally meaningful way, then so be it. I was asking questions so that I could
> understand this particular use case.

Unless you are volunteering to write and maintain these files for our
large source packages, for which maintainers have already explained they
don’t want to waste their time with such bikeshedding, this discussion
is 100% useless.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :