Re: DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 04:37:39PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> I think previous discussions on this list have made it clear that "legally
> meaningful way" (as you put it) can be at most optional and is in practise not
> applicable for non-trivial or a least medium-size-up upstream project.

Yes, we agree on that.

> So by bring this up again now, you basically managed to throw away most of the
> remaining buy-in from the developer body for DEP#5.

Eh?

> In other words, change your opinion to be in line with the majority opinion
> and/or retract yourself from driving the DEP#5 proposal.

I'm not sure what opinion you're talking about.

I wrote:

> I was asking questions so that I could understand this particular use case.

How do you expect people to write a DEP without understanding the issues?

> If everybody of the 1000 DDs (plus the DMs and other developers) queries
> -devel to form their opinion on something, the project will simply stall
> and/or be removed from one of its prime communication channels.

Actually, I would argue that this is the list's raison d'être.

Best,