Re: DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:56:46PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> We are developing DEP 5 to codify best practice in a format that is machine
> parseable. If best practice means that we don't list copyright statements in a
> legally meaningful way, then so be it.

I think previous discussions on this list have made it clear that
"legally meaningful way" (as you put it) can be at most optional and is
in practise not applicable for non-trivial or a least medium-size-up
upstream project.

So by bring this up again now, you basically managed to throw away most
of the remaining buy-in from the developer body for DEP#5.

In other words, change your opinion to be in line with the majority
opinion and/or retract yourself from driving the DEP#5 proposal.  And
making up large threads on -devel to "form your opinion" is not
something we can sustain in the project as a whole.

If everybody of the 1000 DDs (plus the DMs and other developers) queries
-devel to form their opinion on something, the project will simply stall
and/or be removed from one of its prime communication channels.

cheers,

Michael