Re: fstrcmp

+ Peter Miller (Sun, 31 May 2009 11:49:37 +1000):

> Wouldn't it be great if when you typed
>     apt-get build-deps gcc

> instead of saying
>     E: Invalid operation build-deps

> it said something more useful, like
>     E: Invalid operation build-deps, did you mean build-dep instead?

I guess that's would be doable, since it'd involve calculating distances
to all registered commands, which are only a handful. However:

> This goes for packages as well.  Wouldn't it be great if
>     apt-get install dns-utils

> instead of saying
>     E: Couldn't find package dns-utils

> it said something more useful, like
>     E: Couldn't find package dns-utils, did you mean dnsutils instead?

I can't see how it'd work here, at least without the help of some
on-disk structure, since we're talking about a space of 25,000 packages.

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.