Re: fstrcmp

* Peter Miller:

> I've been considering turning my fuzzy string compare function into a
> library.

I would certainly welcome that.

Would you be willing to relicense it under a more permissive license,
so that we don't have to worry about OpenSSL license compatibility
etc.?

>         /**
>          * the fstrcmp function compare two strings, to determine how
>          * similar two strings appear.
>          *
>          * @param s1
>          *     The first of the strings to compare.
>          * @param s2
>          *     The second of the strings to compare.
>          * @returns
>          *     a number between 0.0 and 1.0; 0.0 means the strings are
>          *     nothing alike, 1.0 means the two strings are identical.
>          */
>         double fstrcmp(const char *s1, const char *s2);

It could be helpful if it didn't use floating point because we support
some systems where floating point is software-emulated.

I don't think we've got a library of C goodies.  libbsd is something
in that direction, but if your function isn't in the BSDs, it probably
doesn't fit there, either.