Re: should -dev libraries depending on other -dev packages?

Le jeudi 14 mai 2009 à 09:05 +1000, Brian May a écrit :
> > Yes, but instead of dropping the .la entirely, I’d recommend to simply
> > purge it from the dependency libs.
> > See /usr/share/gnome-pkg-tools/1/rules/clean-la.mk for a way to do it.
>
> If I do that then I will (presumably) break static links. In which case,
> how is this any better then just dropping the .la files?

If there are existing .la files that reference the .la that you remove
in their dependency libs, anything using them will fail to build.

You can remove the .la files after that, but only when you’re sure they
are all made dummy with this cleanup.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette