Re: Possible mass bug filing: non-doc packages recommending doc packages

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 10:39:21AM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 06:55:43PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> was heard to say:
> > I don't think that the mere fact that we changed the default behavior
> > of apt-get/aptitude should get in the way of that maintainer's
> > choice. If we used to live in a world where, by maintainer choice, doc
> > was not installed by default, that world should IMO stay the same.
>
>   aptitude's behavior was "changed" in 2001.

Yes, but back then a very tiny teeny slice of our user base was
probably using aptitude. The usage of aptitude became, probably,
common practice when we started recommending its usage in the release
notes. Popcon stats for aptitude support this theory, and I'm
confident yours other feedback mechanisms as the maintainer do the
same.