Re: deprecating /usr as a standalone filesystem?

On Thu May 07 00:38, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > What about the (many) arguments made here about the *other* reasons to
> > have /usr a separate filesystem?
>
> I've nothing against them, I was countering only this precise
> argument.  FWIW, I haven't seen that many, though the one about
> read-only /usr was appropriate.

More to the point, has anyone actually presented any real arguments why
_not_ to allow it? I've not actually seen anything other than the OP
saying "things might need changing to support it" and then refusing to
go into detail.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson