Remove a package?

Hello! At first I want to say that I'm not sure that this mailing list
is a right place for my letter. Secondly, this letter isn't actually
about some specific package, I'm just interested in understanding
Debain policies.
Is there any way to remove some package from debian distribution? For
example: package bcrypt is completely dead. It doesn't work at amd64
at all because of obvious bug, which I've reported here (path
included) half a year ago, but got no response. Last update of
official site (http://bcrypt.sourceforge.net/) was in September 2002.
This program doesn't work and has no support. Is there any reason to
keep such packages?

Alexey