Re: make-kpkg and 2.6.29.2 vanilla sources

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, May 03 2009, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>
>> David Paleino wrote:
>>
>>>   * The image postinst no longer runs the initramfs creation
>>>     commands. Instead, there are example scripts provided that will
>>>     perform the task. These scripts will work for official kernel images
>>>     as well.
>> Don't use the example scripts, they're kinda weird. initramfs-tools installs
>> proper hooks there, at least since 0.93.2.
>
>         What horrendous advice. Obviously, there was no attempt to
>  actually test the advice, or even to read the hook script. And as such,
>  this advice is wrong. Observe:

[..]
ok, I stand corrected. I'm not sure anymore which script I looked into, but it
scared me away somehow. Next time I'll re-read things again...

Cheers,

Bernd

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79