Re: Two watch files-related MBFs

Raphael Geissert wrote:

Once I file the bug reports I will be giving about two weeks before I remove
the hack from DEHS and later from the DDPO. The lintian check has been
around for many months now and it has given maintainers enough time to
prepare an upload to fix some bugs on their packages so I don't see the
need to wait any longer than that.

two weeks are not debian period ;-)

Version one watch files (actually versionless watch files) have been
considered  obsolete for more than two releases now. Since a lot of special
casing code is needed to handle those  I would therefore like to file bug
reports against packages shipping that kind of watch files so that the
maintainers have a chance to make an upload before the code is removed from
uscan.

A lintian check[2] has also been in place for many months now, and according
to it there are 60 packages in unstable/main with versionless watch files.

Are these bugs?
I find no official documentation on format of debian/watch files.
Thus, theoretically, you should change the tools and then you could fill the
bugs (debian/watch not working).

BTW, on first proposed MBF you write about DEHS and DDPO, and on the second
only about uscan.  I would like that the tools will behave in a similar
manner (maybe with extra warnings on uscan).

ciao
	cate