Re: Outdated config.{sub,guess} package list

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Michal ??iha?? wrote:
> Dne Sat, 25 Apr 2009 07:10:24 +0300
> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> napsal(a):
>
> > Like lintian, your list falsely includes packages that use cdbs to build,
> > which automatically updates config.{sub,guess}.
>
> If you don't build depend on autotools-dev, nothing can be updated (at
> least it was case for my package which uses dh).

If you reautotoolize at build time, I believe automake does depend on
autotools-dev and gives you updated files.  You don't necessarily have to
build-depend on autotools-dev.

And pure autoconf doesn't need config.sub/guess.  I don't recall if it can
even use them, or if you need macros that come with automake for that
though.

  Henrique Holschuh