Re: Install-info transition, review time

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
> How do we proceed now with that? As said in a different email some weeks
> ago, only ~50 of around 580 total info files fail when called with
> ginstall-info.

We should file those bugs now with an explanation of the problem.
You should also upload texinfo/i-i now given that it has to go through
NEW.

http://git.debian.org/?p=users/hertzog/dpkg.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pu/install-info

> Ok, hope that we get this going ...

Yeah, I waited your come-back, I didn't want to start this while you were
not available. We haven't had much feedback but I hope I cleared the
problems seen by Steve with my explanations on how they were already adressed.

The only problem is that britney ignores Breaks and that the release team
might have to migrate info browsers together with the newer dpkg to avoid
uninstallable combinations in testing.

(Bccing release team for this, see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/03/msg01484.html for the start
of the discussion)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/