Re: RFA: acpi-support -- glue layer for translating laptop buttons, plus legacy suspend support

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 01:26:18PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Michael Biebl]
> > As (co-)maintainer of pm-utils and hal, I'd prefer if we could work
> > towards standardizing on one power management stack in Debian (and
> > not install 3 by default [1]), i.e. I'd support in phasing out
> > acpi-support and would gladly accept patches for hal and pm-utils
> > which add (if there are) any missing bits from acpi-support.

> Perhaps hotkey-setup should be made obsolete too?  Is it still work
> keeping?  <URL: http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/hotkey-setup.html >.

That is also being phased out in Ubuntu.  The only remaining functionality
in that package for jaunty is setting /proc/acpi/video/*/DOS; we need to
either confirm that this is handled somewhere else or determine an
appropriate package to set this by default before dropping hotkey-setup.