Re: Why do we have to support tmpfs for /var/run (policy changes in 3.8.1)

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:

> What can be said though is, that all packages that need a /var/run/
> directory must be fixed. (for the numbers: maybe a new archive scan with
> the new lintian would help to see, how many packages are affected) so it
> at least requires work by the maintainers.

This is in progress now.  Lintian is still sadly slower than we'd like, so
it's only about two-thirds done and probably won't be finished until
Wednesday or so.  (I have some additional ideas to speed it up, but
haven't had a lot of time to work on it.)