Re: Standardizing use of kernel hook scripts

On Wed, Apr 01 2009, Frans Pop wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>         I think this is best held on -devel, since a wider audience will
>>  benefit from this.
>
> I've replied to d-kernel, but thanks for this "heads up" to d-devel.

> If there is sufficient interest in the topic, we can summarize for or
> restart on d-devel.

        Well, I am not subscribed to debian-kernel, which seems to  be
 mostly a team internal mailing list for dealing with bugs, and  doing
 internal scheduling of team activities for the most part, and deals
 mostly with issues related to official kernel images. And yes, oficial
 kernel images are one such stakeholder. People builkdihg their own
 images, using either kernel-package, or the upstream make-deb are
 usually not subscribed to the official kernel team internal mailing
 list.

        However, if we are going to move a working solution over to
 -policy at some point, I would like to get some feedback from the other
 developers; such technical expertise is always welcome.

        Hence, I again request that the discussion be opened to a wider
 audience, since we are talking about systems integration of services
 related to kernel image, header, doc, and source packages. I would also
 like to get feedback from people who compile and run Xen and UML
 images.

        Thanks

        manoj
--
"Little else matters than to write good code." Karl Lehenbauer