Re: grouping of alternative depends

* Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> [2009-03-29 19:46:33 CEST]:
> Hi,
>
> On Sonntag, 29. März 2009, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > Hm? Your original mail said you wanted:
> >     Depends: (pdns-backend-ldap + pdns-recursor) | bind9
> > How does installing bind9 plus pdns-backend-ldap not satisfy the above?
>
> Sure it does satisfy the depends, but installing pdns-backup-ldap is not
> needed in that case, thus I consider this buggy.

 If you have bind9 installed, pdns-backup-ldap won't even get
considered for installation, so there is nothing buggy here.

> > Is it relevant whether pdns-backend-ldap is installed or not once bind9
> > has been installed?
>
> Actually our use-case is to have pdns installed on new installations and bind9
> not be removed on upgrades...

 I think that is not possible to have, at all. Unless you explicitly
depend on both pdns and bind9, but I take it that you don't want that.
:)  Maybe reducing bind9 to a Recommends would work from a transitional
point of view?

 So long,
Rhonda