Re: Extended descriptions size

Goswin von Brederlow schrieb:
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Michael Bramer wrote:

if we like to remove the long description from the package file, we
must change apt in some way and use some other rules for select the
right description (a new 'Description-md5sum' or the Version-Nr)
I'd call the Version-Nr. a sinsible choice. ;-)

Kind regards

I think the idea of using the Description-md5sum is that in most cases
the md5sum remains identical for many versions. If you use the
packages actual version then every upload will need a new translation
entry or some fuzzyness to accept an older versions translation.