Re: Alioth - Convert SVN repo to Git

* sean finney [Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:00:24 +0100]:

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 02:40:05PM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > Additionally, I'm looking for a post-commit hook that can send the
> > commit diff via email to a ml + tagpending the bugs in the diff. I'm
> > pretty sure someone out there has this script ready yet, so let's
> > share :)

> i mentioned this on IRC, might as well share it here:

> i have something based on an earlier hook by adeodato, which does
> the former (commit msg+diff):

>   http://git.debian.org/?p=users/seanius/vcs-hooks/git-post-receive-diff.git

I have in my TODO list of doom looking at the patch you sent me so long
ago. However,

> however, i've found that having the diff in the bug report is often just
> extra noise,

I thought something related some time after you sent the patch. This
(admittedly not without several flaws) hook of mine was intended for the
use case of the typical “commit mailing lists”, through which other
members of the (not necessarily packaging) team get to notice the work
done by others, so really only the diff is needed.

> so i've been working on another one that sends a link to
> the patch in the VCS viewer url instead, along with doing a pending tag.
> i'll have to double check on the status of this guy before i send a link
> to it though.

I think it’s better if it’s kept as a completely separate script, if you
don’t mind much.

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.