Re: [dissenting]: Proposal: Enhance requirements for General resolutions

Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> writes:
> Le Wednesday 25 March 2009 16:45:59 Russ Allbery, vous avez écrit :

>> FWIW, it is not at all clear to me that there was any need for either
>> of those GRs (particularly 2008_002, which did indeed strike me as a
>> waste of the GR process).

> Well, even if I would agree with you, apparently this GR had 21
> supporters..  Far from the idea of some abuse from a small number of
> developpers.

> So clearly, this proposition would not even "solve" this "issue".

Sure.  Thus proving that this proposal isn't raising the seconding
requirement too high.  :)

>> Note that the effective conclusion of both of those GRs was to do what
>> was happening anyway and would have happened without the GRs, apart
>> from the secondary effects of making the whole thing more
>> confrontational.

> For 2008_002 in particular, there was a clear need of such a decision,
> since the previous announce had been made as if it was about to happen
> while there was apprently no consensus for it.

There was a clear need for a clarification.  Why we had to vote on the
clarification after Ganneff made it clear that it wasn't his intent to
implement prior to consensus is still highly perplexing to me.