Re: xine-lib transition: packages must depend on libxine1-x or libxine1-console, as needed

* Darren Salt [Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:01:15 +0000]:

> >> Debian Python Modules Team <python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
> >>   pyxine

> > We only build-dep on "libxine-dev" and depends are brought in by substvar,
> > so a binNMU should be enough to update dependencies.

> No; you need to explicitly depend on libxine1-x or libxine1-console, or
> packages which depend on python-pyxine must depend on one of these.

I think, if pyxine are just Python bindings for libxine, that it’s
appropriate for it not to depend on either flavour, and indeed expect
that packages using pyxine will add the appropriate flavoured

- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.
        -- Rory and Lorelai