Re: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions

Quoting Michael Banck (mbanck@debian.org):

> > Please note that debian-l10n-english suggests using the enumeration
> > style you mention for a2ps, when we're reviewing package
> > descriptions...
>
> What's the rationale?  So far, I was under the impression that "  * "

A not very strong one, I'm afraid..:-)

IIRC, we once found some reference indicating a tendency for dashed
enumerations to be an accepted "standard" but I can't quote this.

Another reason is the fact that we're using this in French
translations....which is a bad reason..:-)

Another is that we had to choose something and, based on purely
personal impressions, we were thinking that dashed enumerations were
the majority (nobody really verified).

I think that we never really went into this to be the only proposed
change. Most of the time, there are several other
changes...particularly when enumerations are involved because, in such
cases:

- they're often too long (enumerating each and every feature of the
  software)
- they have formatting issues (punctuation, often)
- they have consistency issues (mixing verb sentences and noun
  sentences for instance)