Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On Sat, Mar 21 2009, Noah Slater wrote:

> I only maintain a small number of packages, but even then, I have
> regularly found files contained within those packages which were
> included for various reasons by upstream under a different license. In
> the case of planet-venus, I remove a not insignificant number of these
> for the DFSG. Clearly, some amount of checking each file is a good
> thing, so why not be explicit about what is required of a developer
> for this?

        I do a license check, yes. But that does not mean I record the
 author names, no. So, making sure that you cover all licenses the
 package comes with is required, but there is no reason to create a
 partial list of copyright holders --- until there is need to.

        manoj
--
"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human
soul." Mark Twain