munin-plugin enhances.. (Re: net-tools future

Hi Jonas,

On Samstag, 21. März 2009, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >plugin. We dont want to suggest asterisk just because there is a plugin
> >to monitor it :)
>
> Why not?
>
> The purpose of "Suggests:" is exactly to declare non-important
> relationship. From Policy 7.2:

True, but IMO it's the other way round: asterisk should suggest munin-node, to
monitor it's performance. munin-node could probably make use of the enhances:
field, which has been proposed sometime. (I dont remember its exact status.)

Else munin-node would "suggest" a lot of software, which IMO doesnt fit.

> Please cc me on responses: I am not subscribed to -devel

done.

regards,
	Holger