Re: [luabind] Naming library with proper SONAME

* Roberto C. Sánchez [Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:30:19 -0400]:

> I am curious as to what people generally think of how the libluabind
> SONAME will be going forward.  I know that certain packages (like
> libssl) have the complete version in the SONAME, but I can't imagine
> that this is a really good idea.  Is this a showstopper for having
> libluabind in Debian, or just for a stable release?  Is this
> discouraged, but otherwise permissible?

It’s certainly not desirable. Do you have an estimation of how many
reverse dependencies libluabind will have? Goswin’s remark about API
compatibility is also an important one.

Cheers,

--
- Are you sure we're good?