Re: Breaking /emul/ia32-linux for squeeze

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:50:23PM +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:16:47PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
>> > Could we pretty please use the multiarch paths here if we start moving
>> > stuff around?  We're going to need to patch gcc/binutils if we're to
>> > compile stuff against those paths anyway.
>
>> By multiarch paths, you mean /usr/lib/i386-linux/ in this case?
>> I'm fine with doing that and changing both /usr/lib32 and /emul/ia32-linux
>> to be symlinks thither for the time being.
>
> I think we're probably better off reserving /usr/lib/i386-linux for future
> use for the time being, but will defer to Tollef if he thinks this is
> reasonable to start using here.

/usr/lib/i486-linux-gnu, the full and correct tripplet. Debian has
switched from i386 to i486 some time ago.

The only argument against using it already is that then later libfoo
on i386 needs Replaces: lib32foo for multiarch.

Well, and that gcc still doesn't look there for libraries when linking.

MfG
        Goswin