Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

On Mar 4, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling) writes:

makes libc a derived work of the program "hello world"?

Jörg

Please do read all of the mail and try to follow each step. And if you
have a counter argument please first check that it isn't negated
further on.

The point you are not getting is that the program "hello world" comes
under the GPL because

<quote>

[snip]

So again we end up with the conclusion that the "hello world" program
requires that both hello world source and libc must be GPL. And the
same argument works for mkisofs linked against libschilly and libscg.

Wow, great explanation Goswin, thanks very much. You made parts of the GPL much clearer to me.

Jeremiah