Re: Desktop standards, MIME info cache, and Lintian

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Okay, that matches my reasoning.  I'll remove that tag in the next
>> version of Lintian.  Thank you very much!

> Maybe i missinterpreted your conclusion, but this what I get in one of
> my packages:

>  desktop-mimetype-without-update-call /usr/share/applications/...

> Now that we have triggers, I really don't see the benefit of adding such
> a lintian warning. Imho we should get rid of dh_icon and dh_desktop
> completely and also any manual update-desktop-database calls, not
> recommend to add such a call (to potentially a *lot* of packages).

I removed the requirement to call dh_desktop every time you have a
*.desktop file.  I didn't remove the tag entirely since at the time we had
no triggers and you still did need to call update-desktop-database if the
*.desktop file has a MimeType key.

If there's a trigger now that handles this, I'll remove that as well.  Was
one added?