is it a DFSG breach or not?

I am asked to act as a sponsor of phpunit  [*]  package.   However  there's
a situation that needs an advice.  There's  JS  in  the  package  that  was
run through the filter which deletes comments and spaces.  In  fact  it  is
like Java script passed through obfuscator.

I suggested to  maintainer  to replace this JS by the JS source and use the
filter (if  it  is  necessary) in  the moment of fulfilling debian/rules.

However it seems that there's no source of this JS in public access, though
JS itself is distributed by BSD license.

Judging by the apt-file output the same JS is used in a few more packages:

$ apt-file search yahoo-dom-event.js
 bugzilla3: /usr/share/bugzilla3/web/js/yui/yahoo-dom-event.js
  - lenny [1]

 gallery2: /usr/share/gallery2/lib/yui/yahoo-dom-event.js
  - lenny/sid [2]

 phpunit: /usr/share/php/PHPUnit/Util/Report/Template/yahoo-dom-event.js
  - lenny/question package [*]

 yui: /usr/share/yui/html/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js
  - lenny/sid [3]

and everywhere in the same form.

    JS - is an interpreter language,  _theoretically_  it  is  possible  to
_restore_ the source, but if following DFSG then in fact the source is  not
included into archive.  This is a bug of the Serious level  (at  least  for
Debian/main).

Am I right? Please help me to make a decision: what is better to do?

1. to became a sponsor of the package
2. to post Serious bugs to [1] [2] [3] [*] packages
3. to move the package to non-free (there's no source)

--
... mpd is off

. ''`.                               Dmitry E. Oboukhov
: :’  :   email: unera@debian.org jabber://UNera@uvw.ru
`. `~’              GPGKey: 1024D / F8E26537 2006-11-21
  `- 1B23 D4F8 8EC0 D902 0555  E438 AB8C 00CF F8E2 6537