Should gnome-libs die for Lenny?

Hi folks,

There are only 5 packages left that have reverse depends on gnome-libs packages. They are as follows:

digitaldj: Removal request was filed but maintainer claims someone has done a Gtk2 port and saved it for now. gbib: Removal was proposed. I mailed upstream and the response was "gbib is no longer maintained or developed". I'm trying to build it now with Gtk2 but not having much luck so far. gsnes9x: Removal requested. It's been listed as dead on SourceForge since 2004. snes9express possibly a Gtk2 replacement? powershell: Removal was requested but maintainer saved it. This one could be a bit of a pain to port. soundtracker: Dead upstream since 2001 but one of the devs started on a Gtk2 port. Currently it fails to build and has bugs according to the website. I've e-mailed but not received a response.

Given this and the fact that gnome-libs removal was suggested (and bugs filed) over a year ago, does it make sense to remove gnome-libs before Lenny releases?

For more details, I have been trying to keep the wiki page up to date: http://wiki.debian.org/Gtk1.2ImlibGnome1Removals

Thanks,

Barry deFreese