Re: Little endian /usr/share/locale/* files in epiphany-browser-data

Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org> (20/01/2009):
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Changing the endianness of a .mo normally requires the original .po
> > and the msgfmt binary which means a runtime dependency on gettext
> > *AND* the need for the original source.

Tatata.

> I understand you're replying to the runtime conversion proposal.
>
>  cd /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES && \
>     msgunfmt <apt.mo | msgfmt - -o - | md5sum apt.mo -
> b6e3086cefe18ef53c961187cf22cead  apt.mo
> b6e3086cefe18ef53c961187cf22cead  -
>
> are you saying that msgunfmt doesn't work when there's an endianess
> mismatch?  That would be surprizing.

I think this binary has been overlooked during the years Neil has been
working on Emdebian (yes, we know that you work on that, no need to
repeat it over and over and over and over and over and over again).
Otherwise he would have opened a bug against gettext, which could have
been better than pestering about the minor #468209 wishlist bug. Of
course, YMMV.

Mraw,
KiBi.