Re: Little endian /usr/share/locale/* files in epiphany-browser-data

Hi Loic, thanks for your answer!

Loïc Minier schrieb:
 The files will work on both little endian and big endian systems, but
 there's a performance hit when the endianess differ (as the file can't
 be used directly when it's mmap-ed).

 It's a bug, but it's not clear to me how we could fix this while not
 losing too much space.

 [...]

 I'd rather not implement anything specific in epiphany-browser, it
 would be best to discuss this more widely and come to a generic
 solution for all arch: all packages.

May I conclude that it is common practice to ship little-endian locale files in arch-indep data packages that are also referenced by big-endian arch packages? While not being perfect, it is convenient and (most importantly) it actually works -- somehow.

Cheers,
Fabian

--
Dipl.-Phys. Fabian Greffrath

Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Lehrstuhl für Energieanlagen und Energieprozesstechnik (LEAT)
Universitätsstr. 150, IB 3/134
D-44780 Bochum

Telefon: +49 (0)234 / 32-26334
Fax:     +49 (0)234 / 32-14227