Re: Tracing bugs between distro's bugtrackers - Was: Re: Help bts-link be a more effective tool

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Olivier Berger
<olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Le dimanche 18 janvier 2009 à 19:54 +0100, Bastien ROUCARIES a écrit :
>> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>>
>> > If you feel something is missing, should be fixed or enhanced, let
>> > us[4] know; of course, patches are welcome ;) (git repo at [5]).
>>
>> I really useful stuff will be to use user tag in order to crossref
>> another distrib bugzilla. For instance some bug are fixed on redhat
>> like #506180 but not upstream.
>> It will allow to automatize retrieval of information.
>>

> FYI, that's the kind of features we're working on in the HELIOS project
> (more details here :
> https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Helios_wp3/Web ).
>
> We're thinking about helping navigate and manage bugs by allowing the
> navigation between various distros and upstream bugtrackers... I hope
> our efforts will benefit Debian through bts-link and other tools, of
> course.
>
> We're still just started and busy with lots of things, and nothing
> concrete do demonstrate so far.
>
> We're currently trying to evaluate work that has been conducted by
> others in the Nepomuk project to find if ontologies and RDF are
> interesting to allow the representation of such meta-data about bugs and
> links between bugs in standard format.
>
> Of course the use of debbugs (user)tags is very interesting (compared to
> what exist in other bugtrackers) to store such elements, but we're
> thinking about devising something that would scale to the vast majority
> of bugtrackers used by the free software communities... so we probably
> need to think about an external store, and hence RDF standard format and
> such.

Yes and it could work with minimal modification of bts-link:
We need only two user tags by foreign distrib:
bts-link-foreign-xref-$distrib set to the foregin bugzilla entry
bts-link-foreign-status-$distrib  magically set by bts-link

If you go to fosdem, a working example of such a tool will be really useful :)
After we could try to standardize this kind of stuff, but we need an example :)

Regards

Bastien