Re: percentage of popcon submitters

Le Friday 16 January 2009 11:51:50 markus schnalke, vous avez écrit :
> [2009-01-16 10:09] Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>
>
> > The whole thing is a complete unknown.
>
> Of course you're right. But it's the best we have.
>
> Instead of leaving it with ``we simply don't know'', I prefer to
> estimate on the (unsure) data sources that are available.

Not that I like to be polemic, but this sentence doesn't mean anything.

If the answer is "we don't know", then we don't know. Problem is that you
don't give any ground to your claims, hence it is far worse to give any
estimation.

The only serious analysis was the one made by Bernd Eckenfels, which ended
with 1%. I don't really believe this can be used as it is before another
contradictory analysis can be done.

Of course, you surely do not need such serious considerations for your precise
issue, but claiming that any ungrounded "estimation" is better than nothing
made me tilt :)

Romain