Re: percentage of popcon submitters

Michael Goetze schrieb:
> Hi,
>> I know it is not possible to _know_ the real percentage of uses which
>> submit popcon stats of all users. But I want to ask for guesses,
>> because more oppinions do likely improve the result.
>> My current guess is between 1/3 and 2/3.
>> What do you think?
> before wild speculations ensues, you might want to specify what you
> really want to know: the percentage of people installing debian systems
> who use popcon (always/sometimes), or the percentage of installed
> machines that submit popcon data?
> For example, I'm pretty sure any hosting company offering Debian on
> dedicated servers will disable popcon by default...

for myself I deactivated popcon on every machine.
Then I first installed and activated it on every server and some times
later also on my desktop.

For my case I do not think that it will be realy deactivated on
dedicated servers in most cases.
But yeah, it may differ from person to person :)

Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
Patrick Matthäi

E-Mail: patrick.matthaei@web.de

Always if we think we are right,
we were maybe wrong.