Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 02:17:37PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 22:47 +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> > Doing so would be a violation of basic NMU policy.

> The claim was, hey, nobody is stopping anyone from fixing it, if it's
> not fixed, it's lame for people to complain, they should have fixed it.

There's a difference between randomly charging around without making any
effort to work with or coordinate with anyone else and working
constructively as part of a large organisation.  You appear to only be
considering one of these options.

> You can either blame people for not uploading their own fix or prohibit
> them from doing so, but you can't do both at the same time.

It appears that the rest of the world is meeting you at least half way
here by, for example, producing patches which implement a solution that
is more acceptable to upstream.  Perhaps there are other, similarly low
effort, things which you could to to contribute to getting those patches
integrated?