Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

On Tuesday 21 October 2008, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> I see.  So the previous statement that "nobody is standing in the way"
> of a fix is simply not so.  People certainly are standing in the way.

That's nonsense. Uncoordinated NMUs are never acceptable for packages that
are in general actively maintained (which the kernel is), especially not
when it concerns controversial or technically complex changes [1].
Doing so would be a violation of basic NMU policy.

[1] This would seem to be both.