Re: Packaging shell functions

Hi,

Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 03:04:28PM +0200, Michael Welle wrote:
>> vared [1] lets you edit environment variables an a fancy way and than
>> it sets their new value in your current shell session. The shell
>> functions/aliases are a crude way to work around some limitations
>> (environment variables can only be propagated downwards the process
>> tree). With this setup I see no way to build a wrapper, in other
>> words, the shell functions/aliases are allready a wrapper ;).
>
> Or you could switch to zsh, which already has vared implemented in a
> non-hacky way.
naughty Clint, no coffee for you the rest of the day ;). Vared is
inspired by its zsh pendant. But before changing to zsh I will cut off
my fingers ;). So I decided to make this nice feature available for
(all?) other shells around this world.

VG
hmw

--
biff4emacsen - A biff-like tool for (X)Emacs
http://www.c0t0d0s0.de/biff4emacsen/biff4emacsen.html