Re: RFA: The Debian Jr. project

2008/10/1 Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>:
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Ben Armstrong wrote:
>> Not a bad technical solution, as I said.  Let's just see what comes of
>> the alternate proposal by Miriam to have youth lead this project as a
>> group before going down that road, though.
>
> That would be ideal.  Miriam?

That has been my plan since I said I was going to take care of the
project. I want us to make a distro for children and teens made by
youth themselves (of course, with the necessary technical assistance
from our side), in which they can get involved, they can control its
evolution and that they can feel it as their own (and not as
externally imposed to them). I seriously think the best way of making
it work is by having the kids themselves giving feedback and taking as
much decisions as possible and my roadplan goes along those lines. The
first step will be to design and develop the infrastructure needed for
kids to get involved, and that's the point where I'm currently at. I
plan to write more extensively on this when I have some time, but if
anyone who likes kids or is a kid her/himself has time and is willing
to get involved in helping push a project like this and wants to
contact me, I'll be willing to get some time out of nowhere to explain
my vision, to listen to alternative proposals to things I might be
considering, and to coordinate.

Greetings,
Miry