Re: RFA: The Debian Jr. project

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Ben Armstrong wrote:

Probably.  But it doesn't stop me from wishing this were not so.  I
didn't want Debian Jr. to be *only* a packaging effort.  I wanted a
living, breathing relationship between children, their caretakers and
developers.  We've fallen far short of this lofty ideal, but that
doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be kept alive.  That's the
distinctiveness that is at risk to be lost if we're just absorbed by
Debian Edu.

I absolutely subscribe to this statement.  I've nothing against Debian Edu
(rather the contrary) but I think Debian Jr. could do more for the
original target audience if it would keep a team alive.

Not a bad technical solution, as I said.  Let's just see what comes of
the alternate proposal by Miriam to have youth lead this project as a
group before going down that road, though.

That would be ideal.  Miriam?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--