Re: Change the format of /usr/share/bug/*/script

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 19:08 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le jeudi 11 septembre 2008 à 17:09 +0100, Neil Williams a écrit :
> > > The second solution is to specify that these scripts should not be
> > > interactive. I don’t think there is much point in it, and it would
> > > simplify things a lot.
> >
> > We've been here before. Some people might value the opportunity to
> > refuse permission to include sources lists and other data - any
> > non-interactive frontend must make it absolutely clear that this data
> > has been included and it is up to the user to delete it.
>
> Yes, it is the job of the frontend to say “Hey, I’m adding your
> configuration files to the report, but you probably want to check if
> there’s anything private in them.”

Doing that usually means running the bug script to get the content - is
it really that much work to let it be interactive?

For non-interactive, yesno() can be a no-op but it might as well call
something as simple as 'zenity --title $1 --question --text $2' and
check the return value. Even if the frontend doesn't use zenity itself,
it is clear that it is trivial for the frontend to make its own version.

--

Neil Williams