Re: RFC: DKMS - Dynamic Kernel Module Support

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:00:38 +0200, David Paleino wrote:

> If you have AUTOINSTALL set to yes in a DKMS control file:
>
> 1) It includes a kernel postinstall hook. This means that, the moment kernel
> headers get installed, your modules are automatically rebuilt.

This is achieved through the installation of a script in:

/etc/kernel/header_postinst.d/
/etc/kernel/postinst.d/
/etc/kernel/prerm.d/

A quick search with apt-file didn't return any result.
Is this approach supported by Debian? I remember grub updating itself when a
new kernel is installed: is that a postinst by the kernel package itself?

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino