Quilt runs crazy?

Hi,

when trying to build Debian packages from alpine 2.0 (Asheesh, I
try to sort out this first and then will send you a patch) I observed
a really strange issue with quilt.  Please have a look at

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/alpine/

where I uploaded my work on the package.  The typescript.txt there
reflects the problem perfectly.  It is that if you unpack the
source package and try

  QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches quilt --quiltrc /dev/null push -a

all patches will be applied perfectly.  Once you undo the patches
and try to build the package (for instance with debuild) quilt is
called with the exactly same command but fails for the second
patch.  I have no idea at all what happened here - it is just strange
and never happened before in the 20+x packages I was working on
with quilt.

Anybody able to enlighten me what might went wrong here?

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de